The skinny: Spirulina is a blue-green algae freshwater plant that has quickly become one of the most talked about superfoods. Growing all around the world from Hawaii to Africa its nutritional profile like its flavor are powerful.
What's it do?
1. Aids in lowering blood pressure, detoxes heavy metals, helps alleviate sinus issues among other things.
2. Speeds up weight loss by helping curb your appetite
3. Boosts Energy
While spirulina does takes just like seawater in my opinion there are creative ways I am incorporating it!
1. Morning kick off-Add 1tsp spirulina powder to 12oz lime juice freeze mixture into ice cube trays and add to your water!
2. Sprinkled over popcorn with sea salt
3. Smoothies- add to any green or fruit smoothie to kick up the nutritional value.
Just one 3 gram serving, for instance, contains
-60% protein and an excellent source of vitamins A, K1, K2, B12and iron, manganese
-2800% more beta-carotene than carrots
-3900% more iron than spinach
Still have creative questions about how to use it visit your local Juice bar and try a few variations! Local in VA Beach here is the addy for the one I frequent:
3877 Holland Rd #418